Thursday 2 April 2015

Off line for a while...

The past 2 weeks have been like a hurricane at work.  It is an extremely busy time here and there were also visitors with us so I was very tired and decided to stay home and just catch up on my sleep which wasn't a bad idea as there was a lot of rain in the past 2 weeks, particularly on Sunday.  It was very windy with a mild hail storm which lasted about 15 minutes.  Each evening the wind has been howling and shaking windows....Just like living off Semiahmoo Bay in White Rock!

Perhaps the best part of the last 2 weeks was March 23rd was my birthday.  When I came to work, there was some decorations on my door and above my desk (see below).  Then in the afternoon, my team and my management colleagues joined me for some birthday vlaai.  Everyone came to me and wished me congratulations, shook my hand, and it was very sweet.  I also received 2 birthday cards in the snail mail (thanks Gina and Sharon) and 1 e-card (thanks Leanna).  Dad and Frank called me too.  Nice to know friends and family are thinking of you when you are across the world.






As this is Easter long weekend, I will forge out again to do some site seeing to the North of Holland at Delft and a few other places.  Happy Easter to all!

Stay posted...

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment