Saturday 2 May 2015

Rain, broken windows and the countdown begins

Well I have not been travelling on the last weekend the weather was terrible with tons of rain.  Not fun to go out and about when its like that but again the weather is turning around. 

About 7 days ago, a rock hit my windshield and a huge crack occurred.  It was replaced on Wednesday this week by Hertz.  Thursday morning, I went to the car to travel to work and found...


Apparently, someone vandalized the back window but there was nothing in the car to steal.  It was really strange as the rest of the car was untouched.  So I drove it to work, my assistant called Hertz again and they repaired on Friday afternoon.  This was a huge topic of discussion around the office including the security guard who came looking for me, stating it did not happen on his watch!  News travels fast here as numerous people came to ask me about it.  The nicest thing that happened was our QA manager asked 2 of his team members to fix some plastic to the car just in case it rained.  What a kind gesture. 

The past few days, Claire (my colleague) and I are planning our 4 day trip to the Loire Valley in France.  We have booked our hotels, determined which chateaus and sites we will see (we are planning on 6 chateaus over 3 days) and we are nearly ready to go.  We will leave on Wednesday, May 13th (late afternoon) then it's a long weekend (Thursday and Friday are statutory holidays in the Netherlands).  We will drive back on Sunday afternoon.  It is about a 7 hour drive back to Venlo. 

Then the following weekend, I travel to Munich on business, then I am spending 3 days in Salzburg, Austria which is about 1.5 hours from Munich.  Return home then the following weekend, my Dad arrives from home, and we go to Slovenia to visit his family.  He will stay for a while but I am here for only 5 days.  Then we are talking about visiting Paris for 3-days, but now I am wondering if we should go to visit Versailles, Fountainbleu, and a few other sites and cities around Paris. 

Now, the countdown begins...9 weeks until I return home!

Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment