Friday 19 June 2015

We are off to Germany tomorrow

Though I have not finished my photos and stories from Slovenia, I am still trying to keep everyone up to speed.  Today, I drove to pick up my Dad from Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.  He finished his great vacation for 2 weeks with his family in Slovenia.  We arrived back home this evening around 10pm.

Tomorrow Dad and I are setting off for 3 days in Germany in the Rhine river valley.  I arranged for us to stay at a hotel which is overlooking the Rhine River in the town of Bingen.  It is very central on the River and we can go in several directions.  It takes about 2.5 hours to get to Bingen but I think we may visit Maria Laach (a volcanic lake) near Koblenz tomorrow morning and early afternoon then head for Bingen in the late afternoon.   It may also be worthwhile to visit the Moselle River.

Well it is now just after midnight and it's time for sleep.  Only 12 sleeps before I return to White Rock - so hard to believe the adventure is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment