Sunday 14 June 2015

Slovenia - Part 2

Sunday has arrived and another day of visiting family and yes, eating and drinking!  First stop, we visited my Aunt Maritza (Mary) and her husband Obrat.  They live with their daughter, Gordana, and her husband Robbie.  I only got a few photos but there are more to come...

My Aunt Mary in the living room

My Aunt Anna with my Dad

My cousin, Gordana.

Front of the house...All Slovenian homes have beautiful flower boxes
 After our morning visit, we returned to Martina and Frank's place around 12:30pm.  The outdoor garage was converted into tables and benches for a big party.  It was time for
 an afternoon of...food, drinks, and visiting.  At 1pm, we started with homemade chicken soup.  This was followed by roasted pork and lamb, vegetables, and homemade bread....


Roasted pork and lamb

This was followed by homemade cheese and apple strudels and fresh cherries.  Then Emma's homemade cookies.  And then around 4pm a light lemon cake.  And then repeat again...



Bing cherries...

Homemade Cheese and apple strudels

 Throughout the afternoon, lots of conversation, and more music and singing in Slovenian.  Party lasted until 6:30pm!!!

Left to right - Nada and Tony (my cousin and his wife)
and my Uncle Joe.

Emma and Mirko
Dad and my Uncle Joe (Anna's husband)
 
Parents of my 2nd cousin's boyfriend (Very nice people who both
spoke English very well).

 What a party and an afternoon..............

No comments:

Post a Comment