Saturday 27 June 2015

Rhine River Valley in Germany

Dad and I left Saturday, June 20th around 11am and after a quick trip to the bank, headed out for our Rhine River adventure.  Cloudy and overcast, we drove out to Bingen, where we would be staying.  It's a small town about the middle of the Rhine valley in Germany.  We arrived to our hotel around 4pm.  It took us so long to get here as we detoured through the German countryside abit to Maria Laach, the volcanic lake area.  I was rather disappointed as it was impossible to get a photo of the lake.  It is fully surrounded by extremely tall trees and you had to walk quite a distance to get near it. 

Once in Bingen, we were a bit tired from all the driving and just checked into our hotel.  Dad wanted a nap before dinner so I left him in his room but I decided to scout around for the visitors information centre and drive around town.  As always, these centres are very helpful and have many things to see.  When I returned to my hotel room, I looked out the window and saw this view...


Ruine Ehrenfels (Castle ruins)


Vineyards on the mountainside overlooking the Rhine
What a view
Dad and I having dinner in the hotel NH Bingen




We had a dinner in the hotel then made an early evening of it.  Next morning, we were out the door at 9am after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment