Saturday 27 June 2015

First part of European adventure coming to a close

Hello everyone,

I have caught up and posted all my photos. I am under pressure to finish everything...

I am now packing up the 2 boxes I brought with me (I  didn't buy many things while I was here - not surprising - I had no time to actually shop!).  Tomorrow, I am whipping the apartment into shape for the next expat (yes, they already rented my apartment for July 1st).  Monday drop the boxes off at work for shipping, and move into the hotel for 2 nights.  I also have to de-register at city hall, turn over the keys to the relocation person Tuesday morning and then the car.  Then there is a last minute dinner with a colleague and Wednesday, flying home.  Few days to recover and back into the office Monday, July 6th.

I am back to Venlo August 10th for about 2+ months to introduce my replacement to his new job.  Once I settle in back home, I need to figure out what I will do here for 2+ months besides work.  There are some places I did not get to which I wanted to such as:

1.  Cologne, Germany
2.  The gardens at Palais Het Loo (I went here but it was winter and no access to gardens)
3.  London?  Barcelona?  Prague? (though I would need to take a few days off here)
4.  We are going back to Munich on business in September so who knows what else is there to do here?
5.  Zurich...
 
I am planning to return to Slovenia - I have to nail down the dates but it is most likely mid October.  Actual vacation time :-)  By the time I get back home, it will be November and then its Christmas - Wow!!!

So I am signing off for now....Back in action after August 10th.

Ciao,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment